- Written by Ben Jacklet
- Category: Events
- Published: September 22, 2016
- Last Updated: September 22, 2016
Anyone else out there suffering from snow withdrawals?
2015-16 was an excellent snow year in the Pacific Northwest, and with luck 2016-17 will be even better. The autumnal equinox has come and gone, the air's getting colder, the geese are flying south. Time to dig out the gear, wax up the boards and get stoked for good times in the mountains. With a little help from some choice preseason shred flicks.
JT Holmes at Squaw Valley, photo by Hank de Vre
Warren Miller and his team have been cranking out annual ski films since 1949, and their latest release, Here, There and Everywhere builds on that legacy with vintage powder riding, death-defying tricks and far-out travels from Alaska to Switzerland to Fenway Park. Yep, Fenway Park. The film stars Ingrid Backstrom and Wendy Fisher in Crested Butte, Seth Wescott and Rob Kingwill in Greenland, Jess McMillan and Grete Eliassen in Switzerland, Tyler Ceccanti, Collin Collins and Keith Curtis in Western Montana, and Kaylin Richardson, Matt Elliott, Marcus Caston and the Kicking Horse ski patrol in British Columbia. For those of you Mount Hood locals who know Marcus Caston from the summer shred season on Mount Hood, here is an opportunity to see him ripping the powder in his natural element.
Marcus Caston at Kicking Horse, photo by Cam McLeod
Here, There and Everywhere will screen at the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall in downtown Portland on Friday, October 21 at 7:30 pm. That date conflicts with the big new preseason event Snowvana at the Memorial Coliseum, but it won't be the only opportunity to catch Warren Miller's latest in Portland or elsewhere in Oregon.
Here is the full calendar of Warren Miller screenings for 2016 in Oregon, followed by the film's trailer:
- Oct. 20: Medford, Craterian Theater at the Collier Center, 7:30
- Oct. 21: Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall, 7:30
- Oct. 22: Salem, Elsinore Theatre, 7:30
- Oct. 26: Corvallis, Whiteside Theatre, 7:30
- Oct. 27: Portland, Aladdin Theater, 7:30
- Oct. 28: Eugene, McDonald Theatre, 7:30
- Oct. 29: Bend, Tower Theatre, 6:00&9:00
- Oct. 30: Bend, Tower Theatre,, 5 pm
- Nov. 3: Hood River, Andrew's Pizza / Skylight Theater, 5 pm & 7:30
- Dec. 2&3: Sandy High School, 6:30
To buy tickets click here.